Harvard Girls Lacrosse
2019 FAQ’s for Players and Parents
Welcome to the Harvard Youth Lacrosse Girls Program! Here we hope you will find useful information on our program through the following series of FAQs:
Who can play?
Harvard Youth Lacrosse is open to girls in grades 1-8. We welcome players from not only the town of Harvard, MA but also surrounding towns. No experience necessary! We are a developmental program focused on teaching the game and having fun!
When is the Harvard Youth Lacrosse Season?
Typically practices start late February. Games start in early April and end mid-June with a Jamboree (each team has 7-8 games per season on Sundays, evenly divided between home and away).
The grades 1/2 group starts a little later in that their season is only 5 games and beginning in May.
Grades 3-6 will begin weekly practices indoors.
Final practice schedules have not yet been determined and will be released by the coaches of each program level in 2019. Grades 3-6 practice 2x/week plus games on Sundays. Grades 1-2 will have no more than two events per week. (In the preseason, that means practice 2x/week for grades 1-2, once games start it will be one weekday practice and the game on Sunday).
What towns do we play?
Harvard is a part of Founders League http://fgll.org/ and we play the following (but not limited to) towns: Acton-Boxborough, Belmont, Brookline, Canton, Concord-Carlisle, Dedham, Dover-Sherborn, Franklin, Medfield, Milton, Natick, Needham, Newton, Norwood, Sudbury, Walpole, Waltham, Wayland, Wellesley, Weston, Westford, & Westwood
· Away Games are typically within 20-30 minutes of Harvard.
When are the games?
When is Registration and Sign Up?
Registration is open NOW! Click the "Register Online" button in the left navigation to find the proper registration. And remember to register before December 23rd to get the early discount!
*For girls in grades 7/8, the program will run similarly to the 2017 season, and registration will open in 2018. New players please contact Ken Hoggins with any questions at
How much does it cost to play lacrosse on the town team?
$190 (Grades 1 & 2; $165 with early discount); $235 (Grades 3-6; $195 with early discount) plus mandatory US Lacrosse dues $30 which must be paid before or when you register for insurance purposes.
- Registration fee includes costs associated with pre-season field rentals, league games and end of season Jamboree
- Uniforms are required for grades 3-6 and components can be purchased during registration as needed ($40 for jersey and $20 for shorts)
- We recognize lacrosse is an expensive sport and we offer sibling discounts. However, we would never want cost to be a factor that inhibits participation. Email
if cost poses a difficulty, and we will work something out. These inquiries will be kept confidential.
What equipment is required?
Each player needs a girls US Lacrosse approved lacrosse stick, goggles, mouth guard (cannot be clear or white, SISU makes very thin, comfortable and approved mouthguards available at Dicks and most major retailers or online), cleats/turf shoes and a water bottle.
Where do I buy equipment?
· There is a lacrosse sporting goods store on Great Road in Acton called Hit the Net Sports - www.hitthenet.net
· Another good option is ComLax in Marlborough - www.comlax.com
· A great place for second hand equipment is Play It Again Sports in Leominster - www.playitagainsportsma.com
· Extra sticks and eye gear are available to borrow if you are new to the sport and not ready to purchase equipment
Who runs the program?
Harvard Youth Lacrosse, like many other youth sports organizations, is run completely by volunteers. We welcome parents who would like to get more involved either via coaching and/or assisting the board in another capacity. Please see our Board of Directors page for key contacts, and/or email us at
What if I have questions?
Questions can be directed to